Welcome to the Exciting World of Blogging!

studentblogging-1a186nu

“Step 11: Setting Up Student Blogs.” Edublogs, WordPress, 2016, http://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/step-11-set-up-student-blogs/.

I am so excited to have you in my class!!! This year, we will be learning the basics of digital citizenship via blogging!  As world citizens, it is imperative that you feel comfortable and develop a safe online presence.  Blogging is a learning experience for me, too, so we will be learning the ins and outs of this together!  When you submit a comment, I will have to approve it before it is published online.  There are many ways that you might be expected to comment: for example, you may be required to comment  after reading an article, a poem, or a story.  We will eventually get to commenting on peers in the classroom and around the world.  You potentially will be even creating your own blog – but we will begin with baby steps.  My goal is to make you a good writer with a safe, responsible online presence.  Technology has crept into every occupation, every way of life. We can’t avoid it or play ignorant!  Hopefully, this will be a great step into making technology your friend, not your foe.