Yay! You finally get to write about what YOU want to write about!
Please choose a school-appropriate topic and write seven sentences, including:
- (1) related imaged
- (1) MLA citation for the page from which you found the image
- (1)clickable link embedded in the sentence
- (2) tags, which will be added one at a time in the tag line on the sidebar of your post
Once finished, please see the Blog Checklist in my next post to verify that your blog now has everything required for the blog presentation day!
In order to prepare for your upcoming blog presentation, please see this Blog Checklist.
“Central Statistics Office Undertakes Household Contents Damage Survey.” Department of Disaster Management British Virgin Islands.” Department of Disaster Management British Virgin Islands, 2016. Web. 11 Dec 2017.
Please take a minute and complete these two surveys:
As seniors, hopefully college or occupational education is at the forefront of your thoughts! Many of you are probably still unsure of where you want to go, what you want to do after high school, and how you are going to afford it. I’m going to borrow from Ms. Shekema Silveri and ask you to do the following:
Read the Federal Government’s College Preparation List
(Be sure to check the 12th Grade Checklist)
Create a post entitled “College Readiness” by following these directions:
- Log on to your blog.
- Click on Dashboard.
- Click on Posts.
- Click on Add New.
- Title your Post “College Readiness” up at the top of the page.
- In the blank field, write a post about the college or school you are considering attending.
- Create four separate links to its 1) homepage, 2) academic degrees available, 3) tuition page, and 4) the intended program of study’s homepage. Embed these in sentences like “To visit the homepage of this college, click here.”
- Discuss what you’ve learned from your school’s website and the next steps you need to take in this process.
- Insert and center ONE IMAGE of your chosen university/school. Put your source for the picture in parentheses under the image.
- Reread your writing and correct all spelling and grammar mistakes. Look for incomplete or run on sentences!
- IMPORTANT: You must save! To save, click either “Save as Pending” in the upper right hand corner (if you are not ready to turn in to me) OR “Publish” if you are ready to turn in!!!
For further instructions on how to post, click here.
To learn how to create links, click here.
Your post will be due by 11:59 pm Thursday, October 19th, 2017. At this time, you should also have your theme changed, your avatar and About Me page created, and be registered for the Student Challenge. This should be your second post. All sample pages, posts, and comments should be removed from your site. Also, you should remove “Just Another Edublog Site” from the tagline of your blog by following these steps: Appearance>Customize>Site Identity>Tagline. Delete the current words and leave blank or add a saying that you like in quotation marks.