1. Go to Appearance > Themes. Check out all of the colorful, unique themes and pick the one that suits you best. Click activate. You can change your theme at any time. Be sure to look at your theme and see how user friendly it is, especially after you create your About Me page. If you don’t like it, you can always change it. For more information on how to do this, click here.
TIP: YOU CAN ALWAYS GO TO YOUR DASHBOARD TO EDIT ANYTHING!!!
2. Here’s how you create your About page:
1. Go to Pages > Add new.
2. Title your page About Me.
3. Now just add your About Me information in the provided box. Please include the name of your high school and which state and country you live in. After that, share about yourself. REMEMBER IT IS PUBLIC! Tell the interesting things about yourself. Share your dreams and goals. What do you want the world to know about you? REMEMBER: we are not sharing phone numbers, addresses, emails, or anything like that. Your pages, posts, and comments ALL must be approved by me. FIVE SENTENCE MINIMUM. When finished, click Save as Draft (If you are not ready to turn in to me) or Submit.
3. Click on the Student Challenge Image on my blog. At the top on the menu, click October 2017 students. Scroll down until you see students who are 14 or older and select one from a different country. Click on his/her blog and leave a comment. Your comment must meet the guidelines previously set forth (5 sentences, correct grammar, and school appropriate). If you need a refresher on these rules, please see my page Student Commenting Guidelines at the top of my home page.
4. Go to Users > Your Avatar. You will first select a website from the list provided on the click button below to create it. Then you will download it to your computer and upload it to your edublog site. Note: when creating your avatar, you don’t want to take too long on deciding which eyes, which hair, etc. to choose. You will be given 15 minutes in class for this, and then we will move on! DO NOT USE DREAM AVATAR CREATOR!!!
Click here for instructions on how to create your avatar!
ou must have your theme changed, your avatar and About Me page created, and be registered for the Student Challenge by 11:59 pm, Sunday, October 1, 2017. At this time, you should also have created your first post (College Readiness) with four assigned links and an image. You will only have three days (including today) in class to do all of this (plus your first post). You do not have time to just sit there or goof off! For every minute you are idle, you are creating a minute of online homework for yourself!